CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. Announces Second Quarter Fiscal 2021 Financial Results
August 12, 2021 – CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. (CCC) (NYSE: CCCS), a leading SaaS platform for the Property & Casualty insurance economy, today announced its financial results for the three months ended June 30, 2021.
“We saw continued adoption of digital and AI solutions that accelerated top-line performance in the second quarter. Our continuous focus on innovation and customer success has CCC in a terrific position to support the digitization of the P&C insurance economy by delivering the differentiated solutions our customers want to improve their business,” said Githesh Ramamurthy, Chairman & CEO of CCC.
Ramamurthy continued, “We are excited by the successful completion of our business combination with Dragoneer Growth Opportunity Corp. and our return to the public markets. We have increased flexibility to expand how we invest in the business that will benefit our customers and provide additional growth opportunities for CCC to meet or exceed our long-term growth objectives.”
Second Quarter 2021 Financial Highlights
- Total revenue was $166.8 million for the second quarter of 2021, compared to $150.7 million for the second quarter of 2020. Adjusted for the impact of the divestiture of a portion of our professional services casualty solution in December 2020, total revenue grew 16% in the second quarter of 2021.
- GAAP gross profit was $121.3 million, representing a gross margin of 73%, for the second quarter of 2021, compared with GAAP gross profit of $100.7 million, representing a gross margin of 67%, for the second quarter of 2020. Adjusted gross profit was $128.0 million, representing an adjusted gross margin of 77%, for the second quarter of 2021, compared with adjusted gross profit of $107.3 million, representing an adjusted gross margin of 74%, for the second quarter of 2020
- GAAP operating income was $22.0 million for the second quarter of 2021, compared with GAAP operating income of $15.6 million for the second quarter of 2020. Adjusted operating income was $54.8 million for the second quarter of 2021, compared with adjusted operating income of $42.5 million for the second quarter of 2020.
- GAAP net income was $3.8 million for the second quarter of 2021, compared with GAAP net loss of $2.0 million for the second quarter of 2020. Adjusted net income was $26.3 million for the second quarter of 2021, compared with adjusted net income of $17.5 million for the second quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $60.1 million for the second quarter of 2021, compared with adjusted EBITDA of $46.9 million for the second quarter of 2020. Adjusted EBITDA grew 28% in the second quarter of 2021 as compared to the second quarter of 2020.
- CCC had $58.5 million in cash and cash equivalents and $1.3 billion of total debt at June 30, 2021. The Company generated $21.6 million in cash from operating activities and had free cash flow of $13.1 million during the second quarter of 2021, compared with $14.7 million generated in cash from operating activities and had $7.6 million in free cash flow in the second quarter of 2020.
The information presented above includes non-GAAP financial measures such as “adjusted EBITDA,” “adjusted net income,” “adjusted operating income,” “adjusted gross margin,” and “free cash flow.” Refer to “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” for a discussion of these measures and reconciliations of each non-GAAP financial measure to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure.
2nd Quarter and Recent Business Highlights
- Successfully completed our business combination with Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp and began trading under the ticker “CCCS” on the New York Stock Exchange on August 2, 2021. CCC received net proceeds from this transaction of more than $600 million.
- Announced CCC ONE® Estimating-IQ, which will enhance the AI capabilities on the CCC ONE® platform for repair facilities, will be released in the third quarter. Incorporation of advanced AI will accelerate estimating for the tens of thousands of collision repairers using the CCC ONE platform.
- Announced a partnership with Buckle, an inclusive tech-enabled financial services company, to digitize auto claims for its community of rideshare and delivery drivers. This win reinforces the opportunity we see to expand our solutions to emerging parts of the auto economy ecosystem.
- Announced the new corporate name CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. The new name reflects the company’s focus on applying AI, IoT, and advanced analytics to power mission-critical workflows, commerce, and connections across the multi-trillion-dollar insurance economy. The CCC Cloud platform connects insurers, collision repairers, automakers, lenders, suppliers, and more to support the industry’s digital transformation.
Based on information as of today, August 12, 2021, the Company is issuing the following financial guidance:
Year-over-year revenue growth for the third quarter of 2021 is forecasted to be 9% – 10%, or 15% – 16% when adjusted for the impact of the divestiture of a portion of our casualty solution (specifically, First Party Clinical Services) in December 2020. Year-over-year revenue growth for the full year 2021 is forecasted to be 7% – 8%, or 13% – 14% on an adjusted basis. First Party Clinical Services revenue was $7.8 million and $34.7 million for our fiscal third quarter and year end 2020, respectively.
Conference Call Information
CCC will host a conference call today, August 12, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial results and financial guidance. To access this call, dial 844-200-6205 (domestic) or 44-208-0682-558 (international). The conference ID number is 941788. A live webcast of this conference call will be available on the “Investor Relations” page (https://ir.cccis.com/home/default.aspx.) and a replay will be archived on the website as well.
About CCC Intelligent Solutions
CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. (CCC) (NYSE: CCCS) is a leading SaaS platform for the multi-trillion-dollar P&C insurance economy powering operations for insurers, repairers, automakers, part suppliers, lenders, and more. CCC cloud technology connects more than 30,000 businesses digitizing mission-critical workflows, commerce, and customer experiences. A trusted leader in AI, IoT, customer experience, network and workflow management, CCC delivers innovations that keep people’s lives moving forward when it matters most. Learn more about CCC at www.cccis.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the following words: “may,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “should,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “project,” “potential,” “continue,” “ongoing” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these words. These statements involve risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from the information expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements regarding future events, goals, plans and projections regarding the company’s financial position, results of operations, market position, product development and business strategy. Such differences may be material. We cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements in this press release will prove to be accurate. These forward looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, among others, the general economic, political, business and competitive conditions; the ability to recognize the anticipated benefits of the business combination (the “business combination”) of CCC’s parent corporation and Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. ; the impact of COVID-19 on CCC’s business and/or the ability of the parties to complete the business combination; failure to realize the anticipated benefits of the business combination, ; costs related to the business combination; the ability of the Company to grow and manage growth profitably and retain its key employees; the risk that the expansion of CCC Payments and launch of CCC Estimate are not as successful as anticipated or do not occur on the expected timing; the inability to maintain CCC’s listing of securities on the NYSE; changes in applicable laws or regulations; and other risks and uncertainties, including those included under the header “Risk Factors” in the definitive proxy statement/prospectus filed by Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) on July 6, 2021, which can be obtained, without charge, at the SEC’s website (www.sec.gov). The forward-looking statements in this press release represent our views as of the date of this press release. We anticipate that subsequent events and developments will cause our views to change. However, while we may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we have no current intention of doing so except to the extent required by applicable law. You should, therefore, not rely on these forward-looking statements as representing our views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This press release includes certain financial measures not presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S. (“GAAP”), including, but not limited to, “adjusted EBITDA,” “adjusted net income,” “adjusted operating income,” “adjusted gross margin,” and “free cash flow” in each case presented on a non-GAAP basis, and certain ratios and other metrics derived therefrom. These non-GAAP financial measures are not measures of financial performance in accordance with GAAP and may exclude items that are significant in understanding and assessing the Company’s financial results. Therefore, these measures should not be considered in isolation or as an alternative to other measures of profitability, liquidity or performance under GAAP. You should be aware that the Company’s calculation of these non-GAAP measures may not be comparable to similarly-titled measures used by other companies.
The Company believes these non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information to management and investors regarding certain financial and business trends relating to the Company’s financial condition and results of operations. The Company believes that the use of these non-GAAP financial measures provides an additional tool for investors to use in evaluating ongoing operating results and trends in and in comparing the Company’s financial measures with other similar companies, many of which present similar non-GAAP financial measures to investors. These non-GAAP financial measures are subject to inherent limitations as they reflect the exercise of judgments by management about which expense and income are excluded or included in determining these non-GAAP financial measures, Please refer to the reconciliations of these measures below to what the Company believes are the most directly comparable measures evaluated in accordance with GAAP.
This press release also includes certain projections of non-GAAP financial measures. Due to the high variability and difficulty in making accurate forecasts and projections of some of the information excluded from these projected measures, together with some of the excluded information not being ascertainable or accessible, the Company is unable to quantify certain amounts that would be required to be included in the most directly comparable GAAP financial measures without unreasonable effort. Consequently, no disclosure of estimated comparable GAAP measures is included and no reconciliation of the forward-looking non-GAAP financial measures is included.
CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc.