CCC Moonlight Policy
CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. affiliates and subsidiaries (“CCC”) recognize that some employees may need or want to hold additional jobs outside their employment with CCC. Employees of CCC are permitted to engage in outside work or hold other jobs, subject to certain restrictions based on reasonable business concerns. CCC wants its employees to be transparent about any other jobs so conflicts of interest can be avoided. In addition, CCC is implementing this Moonlighting Policy to ensure its Confidential Information (as defined in CCC’s employee confidentiality agreement) is protected.
CCC applies this Moonlighting Policy consistently and without discrimination to all employees and in compliance with all applicable employment and labor laws and regulations. To protect Confidential Information and other business interests while employees are engaged in outside employment, the following rules for outside employment apply to all employees:
- Employees must notify their manager of their intent to engage in outside employment.
- Work-related activities and conduct away from CCC must not compete with, conflict with, or compromise CCC’s interests or adversely affect or interfere with an employee’s job performance and the ability to fulfill all responsibilities to CCC.
- Employees are prohibited from performing any services for customers of CCC that are normally performed by CCC or with CCC’s vendors.
- CCC employees are prohibited from using CCC’s property, facilities, equipment, supplies, IT systems (such as computers, networks, email, telephones, or voicemail), time, trademarks, brand, or reputation in connection with any outside employment. This includes any unauthorized use of any CCC assets and the unauthorized use or application of any CCC Confidential Information.
- Employees may not solicit or conduct any outside business during work time for CCC.
- CCC employees must carefully consider the demands that additional work activity will create before accepting outside employment. Outside employment will not be considered an excuse for poor job performance, absenteeism, tardiness, leaving early, refusal to travel, or refusal to work overtime or different hours. If outside work activity causes or contributes to job-related problems at CCC, the employee will be asked to discontinue the outside employment, and the employee may be subject to CCC’s normal disciplinary procedures regarding any job-related problem(s).
- Employees may not use CCC paid leave to perform work for another employer.
- If an employee’s outside employment presents a conflict of interest with CCC, as defined in the CCC Code of Ethics, or if such outside employment has any potential for negative impact on CCC, the employee will be asked to terminate the outside employment.
- Fraudulent use of CCC paid leave, or an employee’s refusal to comply with CCC’s reasonable request to terminate outside employment may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- CCC employees engaging in outside employment must comply with all of CCC’s policies, including its Code of Ethics Policy.
- CCC employees are prohibited from engaging in any outside employment that involves any illegal business activities which will result in immediate termination.
- An employee’s manager, Human Resources, and/or Legal may propose additional written guidelines for an employee to follow to protect both CCC and the employee.
Any employee regardless of title or position, who violates this Moonlighting Policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If an employee has any questions about this Moonlighting Policy, they must contact a member of CCC’s Human Resources department. This Moonlighting Policy is not intended to restrict communications or actions protected or required by state or federal law.
THIS MOONLIGHTING POLICY DOES NOT MODIFY AN EMPLOYEE’S AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT STATUS AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME BY CCC.