Last Updated: December 1, 2021
Scope of this Policy
If you have any questions or concerns that are not addressed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or as provided in Section 11.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by third parties, third-party websites, or content or applications of third parties, including any that may be linked to or accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
CCC collects information using the Website through various means discussed below.
Information that You Provide to Us
CCC collects information that you provide to us through the Website. The Website allows you to provide us your first and last name, email address, telephone number, home or work address, software license number, employer and professional title, or other information as explicitly stated in the request.
Information that We Collect Automatically
As part of the standard operation of the Website, CCC automatically collects information from your computer or device about your activities relating to the Website or about the user. This may include, for example:
Device and technical information such as IP address (a numerical value used to identify a computer within a network), geographical location, information about the type of device or platform used (a Google browser or an Apple platform, for example), device identifiers, and browser information.
Browsing information such as domain name (that you visited the Website from www.company.com, for example), referral or exit data (the last website that you visited before coming to the Website and the next website you visit afterwards, respectively), and language.
Information and analytics about how you use the Website, such as date and time, how often and the amount of time you spend using the Website, the areas of the Website that you spend the most time on, and other click-stream data
To develop information about activity related to the Website, CCC may also use a small file, called a web beacon. Web beacons do not by themselves collect any information from users, but in combination with cookies, web beacons allow CCC to track, for example, whether web pages are viewed, how often web pages are viewed, and the specific times of day web pages are viewed.
Finally, we may partner with third-party advertising companies and others to collect or use information about you to provide advertisements about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. These third parties may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags or other technologies to collect information about you when you use our Website, and they may use persistent identifiers to also collect and correlate information about you and your activities across other third party websites, apps and other online services. and they may use persistent identifiers to collect and correlate this information. These third parties may use information about you to provide you with targeted advertising or content based on your interests and activities.
To learn more about management of cookies, see Section 7 (entitled Your Choices) below.
How We Use Information We Collect
CCC uses information that we collect, including information about you, to provide the Website to you, to facilitate your request for information and to continually evaluate and improve the Website we offer.
General Uses of Information
We may use information about you for the following general purposes:
- To present information or content that you may access on via the Website, including personalization of such information and content;
- To communicate with you about your user account or transactions with CCC and to send you information and announcements about the Website, or about features or improvements;
- To optimize and improve our Website and operations, for example by analyzing usage of or interest in features, identifying areas of interest, or providing updates to the Website;
- To maintain our Website, operations and any content or information provided through our Website;
- To respond to your questions or requests for information, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us through the Website;
- To provide you with information about our Website, or updates, editorial content, industry education, and invitations to upcoming events or similar information;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or that may be harmful or illegal;
- To perform statistical, demographic, marketing or other analyses of users of the Website or to investigate relevant industries and markets;
- To provide you with information about our products or services when you visit our social media partners;
- To better understand how visitors and users interact with the Website and the performance of the Website, including measuring and monitoring user traffic and using aggregate statistical analysis, which informs future enhancements and changes to the Website, or by combining information collected through the Website with information about our users collected by other means;
For any other purpose that we might describe at the time we collect your information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Geographic Location Information
We may use location information, including information about your geographic location, for the following purposes:
- To provide personalized consent.
- To maintain, optimize and improve the Website and our operations, including systems administration, troubleshooting, and security purposes.
- To perform statistical, demographic, marketing or other analyses of users of our Website.
Combining Information about You
We may combine information collected about you from the Website, as well as information about you collected through off-line interactions or from third parties, into individualized user records, analyses or reports, or we may combine such information into aggregate reports or analyses.
How We Disclose Information
CCC may disclose aggregate and/or deidentified statistical information about our users without restrictions.
CCC may also share information about you to deliver any requested information, products, or services to you, or otherwise to fulfill a contractual obligation.
Disclosures of Information
Information about you, i.e., information that identifies or may identify you individually, that you provide or that we collect as described in this Policy, may be disclosed to third parties as follows:
Service Providers of CCC. We may share information about you with companies who perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, payment processing, analytics, notifications, content management, customer service, etc. For example, we may store your data on servers that are owned and operated by our hosting services provider. These service providers are bound by confidentiality obligations and may not retain, use or disclosure your information for any purpose other than provider services on our behalf.
Alliance Partners of CCC. You may direct us to share your information with a third party alliance of CCC if you indicate an interest in hearing from them about licensing their product for your business.
CCC Entities. We may share information about you with CCC subsidiaries and affiliates.
CCC may also disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, court order, or legal process, including to respond to a subpoena, to respond to a government or regulatory request, or to cooperate with law enforcement investigations.
- To enforce our contractual rights, take precautions against liability, investigate suspected or actual illegal activities, or to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including, but not limited to, as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by us about users of the Website is among the assets transferred.
- When we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ourselves, our customers, or others.
- CCC may also share information about you in ways that may be described later, with your consent, or as otherwise described in this Notice.
Disclosures of Statistical or De-Identified Information
CCC also uses statistical and aggregate information about users, as well as de-identified information (together referred to as “aggregate information”).
We may use and disclose aggregate information without restrictions and for a broad range of purposes, including, without limitation, the following:
- To analyze and share characteristics of users of the Website, which may be used to improve the Website or its features.
- To develop and publish industry research and reports
How Long We Keep Your Information
CCC maintains information about you for as long as needed to provide the Website or uses set forth herein, or otherwise with your consent (including consent that is hereby provided by visiting the Website), we may continue to maintain information about you for our business purposes.
We may also retain information about you for a reasonable time for backup, archival, reactivation or audit purposes, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. If you have any questions about how long we may keep information about you, please contact us as provided in Section 11.
International Transfers of Your Information
For the purposes described in this Policy, CCC may transfer information across borders, including from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, where applicable laws may not provide the same level of protection of information as the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you are located. In those cases, we take steps to endeavor to provide that information with the same level of protection in the recipient country or jurisdiction.
By visiting or using the Website, you hereby consent to the transfer of your information to countries where applicable laws may not provide the same level of protection of information as the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, including, without limitation, the United States, in accordance with this Policy.
You have certain choices about how information about you is collected, used and shared. Although you cannot opt out of all collection or use of information and still use the Website, you can take steps to limit or control how your information is collected, used, and shared.
The following links also offer instructions for managing cookies based on your type of browser:
However, please understand that if you limit or reject cookies, although you may still access some of the Website, certain functions may be affected.
If you would like to change the types of communications you receive from us or how you receive communications from us, including opting out of marketing or investment communications, you may do so at any time by using the Manage Preferences link or opt-out link and instructions that will be present in any marketing or investment emails that we send. Please note that the opt- outs for marketing and investment emails are separate and if you want to opt-out of both, you will need to opt-out of those emails separately. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please understand that, even if you opt out of marketing or investment communications, CCC may continue to send non-promotional communications such as confirmations of transactions, changes to the Website, or other information about your use of the Website.
CCC makes no representation that the Website will respond to “do-not-track” or similar browser settings.
CCC implements and maintains security measures to protect the information submitted to us from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable, and there is no completely secure or error-free method of data transmission over the Internet. As such, CCC cannot and does not guarantee the security of information about you, nor can CCC guaranty that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to CCC over the internet or other networks.
The Website are not intended for children under the age of 13 or as defined by applicable local law, and children should not use the Website for any purpose, even with permission of a parent or other responsible adult.
CCC does not knowingly collect or solicit information from children. If we learn that we have collected or received information from a child, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have any information about a child, please contact us at as provided in Section 11.
CCC Intelligent Solutions
ATTN: General Counsel
167 N. Green St., 9th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
We hope that our team can address any concerns or complaints, but if you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area, you may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, particularly the supervisory authority in your place of residence, place of work, or in the place where any alleged improper acts occurred.
Additional Information for California Residents Using the Website
If you are a California resident using the Website, please read below to understand how we collect and share your personal information, and also about your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Over the past 12 months, we may have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information which we collect directly from you and from cookies and similar technologies deployed on the Website or your device:
Identifiers such as your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, username, software license number, device identifier, and IP address.
Internet or other electronic network activity information such as information about the type of device or platform used (a Google browser or an Apple platform, for example), browser information (including domain name, referral or exit data, and language settings), and information and analytics about how you use the Website, including date and time, how often and the amount of time you spend using the Website, the areas of the Website that you spend the most time on, whether web pages are viewed, how often web pages are viewed, and the specific times of day web pages are viewed—as well as other click-stream data.
Geolocation information derived from your IP address to determine your location at a zip code level of generality.
Professional or employment-related information such as your employer and professional title.
We collect your personal information for the business purposes:
- To present you with information or content you may access on the Website
- To maintain and operate the Website
- To send you information about our products and services
- To respond to your questions or requests for information, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us through the Website
- To improve the Website and our users’ experience on the Website
- To protect or defend the legal rights or property of CCC and its corporate affiliates
- To protect the safety and security of users of the Website or members of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances
- To protect against fraud or for risk management purposes
- To comply with applicable law or legal process
Exercising Your Rights
With respect to information collected through the CCC Website, if you are a California resident and the CCPA does not recognize an exemption that applies to your or your personal information, you have the right to make the following requests of us:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information
- that were disclosed and sold (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Request we delete personal information we collected from you as of the date of the request, unless CCPA recognizes an exception.
- You also have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights including providing a different level or quality of services or denying goods or services to you when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We aim to fulfill all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If necessary, extensions for an additional 45 days will be accompanied by an explanation for the delay.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California resident to whom the CCPA applies, you may exercise your rights, if any, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sales of Personal Information.